Read My Older Blog Posts here

Visit my previous Blog "Movies and More: Positively Personal Reviews" for my earlier (pre-May 2011) reviews and ramblings.

Friday, May 27, 2011

"Jumping the Broom"

OK, so I'm not sophisticated enough to dislike this film, or criticize it because the situation is quite familiar:   Rich, educated girl is engaged to man from a poor (really lower "class") family, and  the in-laws meet for the first time just before the wedding.  Yes, there is a definite culture clash, plus some family secrets emerge.  Agreed, it's not great, but the acting was excellent (Angela Bassett, Lil'Romeo, Mike Epps, and Paula Patton, the names I recognized). Some insightful dialogue about the human condition -- actually a lot of good dialogue, and all in all, taking into account my very personal "enjoyment meter,"  I am saying "E" for Effort and THREE STARS.

No comments:

Post a Comment