Read My Older Blog Posts here

Visit my previous Blog "Movies and More: Positively Personal Reviews" for my earlier (pre-May 2011) reviews and ramblings.

Friday, May 20, 2011

"Midnight in Paris"

I laughed, I giggled, I smiled, I laughed some more.  I don't know when I've laughed so much in a movie.  I totally loved this film, written and directed by Woody Allen, and so did the audience.  I'm so grateful I didn't know details about the story ahead of time, so it was a delightful, unique surprise. Really clever!  Suffice to say that a young couple (Owen Wilson -- his best performance ever,  and Rachel McAdams) have gone along to Paris with her parents (perfectly played by Mimi Kennedy and Curtis Fuller), the father having to go there on business.  A dream cast includes the always marvelous Kathy Bates who actually surpasses herself in this role; the irresistible, luminous Marion Cotillard is fabulous. She just couldn't be better!; outstanding Michael Sheen (remember him from "Frost vs Nixon" ?) and Corey Daniel Stoll in a role  you have just got to see to believe!  I don't want to leave anyone out, but the roster of players goes on and on, including Adrian Brody among those you will remember for sure.  A couple of typical Woody Allen trademarks (the Positive ones!): an Homage to a city (Paris, this time not New York), and Music (lots of Cole Porter) to enhance the nostalgia.   I want to see this one again. It is a real winner!   At least FOUR STARS and a loud, enthusiastic HURRAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment