Read My Older Blog Posts here

Visit my previous Blog "Movies and More: Positively Personal Reviews" for my earlier (pre-May 2011) reviews and ramblings.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

THE BOURNE LEGACY

Even the truly excellent cast, headed by Jeremy Renner, Rachel Weisz, and Edward Norton couldn't compensate for the overly confusing plot and the annoying, fast and furious, disruptive, jerky camera work.  I got really, really tired of (bored with) the endless motorcycle chase (though it did offer one pleasing moment supplied by Weisz, who put her helmet to good  use).  Of course the film is noisy and violent, but that's to be expected.  The ending seemed weak, a whimper rather than a bang.   I miss the real "Jason Bourne."  (Renner plays another agent named"Alex Cross." "Bourne" doesn't even figure in the story.) As one critic mentioned, if Matt Damon saw this script, it's no wonder he didn't sign on! (Besides, there was really no role in it for him.)  Furthermore, unless I'm having a senior moment, this film bore no resemblance to the plot in the book of the same title, which I had read, and enjoyed. What a disaster!   Tony Gilroy directed.  (What was he thinking???)

No comments:

Post a Comment