Read My Older Blog Posts here

Visit my previous Blog "Movies and More: Positively Personal Reviews" for my earlier (pre-May 2011) reviews and ramblings.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

CONTRABAND

Tremendously violent. Horrendously noisy.  Of course, Mark Walhberg is wonderful as the hero.  It was only because I like him that I opted to see this heavy, heavy story about smugglers, vengeance, betrayal, love, deceit, and honor among thieves (yeah, not so much honor).  Other cast members did credit to their roles, but, I can only recommend this film to those who can afford to secrete a lot of adrenaline as the suspense builds -  over and over with a few subplots in the mix. The bad guys are really bad.    I stuck it out just to see how it would end.   (But I'm not going to tell you, unless you ask. I'm not a spoiler.)

No comments:

Post a Comment