Read My Older Blog Posts here

Visit my previous Blog "Movies and More: Positively Personal Reviews" for my earlier (pre-May 2011) reviews and ramblings.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL

With Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, Tom Wilkinson, Bill Nighy, Celia Imrie, and Dev Patel (from "Slum Dog Millionaire") fame, this Film is worth all the accolades it has received! Directed by John Madden, Written by Deborah Moggach, it tells the story of a group of unrelated (though it includes one married couple) British elders (or I should  say, "senior citizens"), who meet en route to India, going  to take advantage of the favorable monetary exchange rate and spend their remaining years in the "Best Exotic....etc, etc." Hotel whose  glossy brochure describes it as the ideal retirement locale for discerning guests.  Run by the unflappable young Patel, who insists that though the Hotel is not yet in the sterling condition as seen in the brochure (actually, it's pretty much falling apart!), it is "getting there."  Anyway, the acting is flawless, the dialogue is perfect; it's a marvelous movie!  (I was reluctant to see it, because I do not have positive memories of my visit to India.  However, my friend, Satsimran encouraged me to see it, and I'm glad I did!  Highly recommended! 

No comments:

Post a Comment