Read My Older Blog Posts here

Visit my previous Blog "Movies and More: Positively Personal Reviews" for my earlier (pre-May 2011) reviews and ramblings.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

MOONRISE KINGDOM

If you're young in heart, this one's definitely for you!  (Besides, it's rated PG 14)   I smiled from the very beginning scene, loving the way the houses and the landscape looked as if they were illustrations in a children's picture book. Written and Directed by Wes Anderson it's a fantasy tale of very young love, which makes you care about what happens to these two kids who run away together.  (Though I wasn't crazy about their performances. Perhaps they were told to be "deadpan" in their delivery of lines, though maybe  that was supposed to be true to their characters, especially she (played by Kara Hayward), who has been labeled a "troubled child," and he (played by Jared Gilmane), escaping from a dull foster home (who don't want him back!), he's very savvy with survival skills, but has run away from scout camp.  The adult cast was OUTSTANDING:   Bill Murray, Bruce Willis, Edward Norton, Frances McDormand, Tilda Swinton, and Jason Schwartzman all of whom are absolutely marvelous in this film!  And there's a narrator, whose name I don't recall, but I loved him!  What a treat!

1 comment:

  1. Oooo I'm looking forward to this one. As usual we'll have to wait a while here in New Mexico :(

    ReplyDelete