Read My Older Blog Posts here

Visit my previous Blog "Movies and More: Positively Personal Reviews" for my earlier (pre-May 2011) reviews and ramblings.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

JUST 45 MINUTES FROM BROADWAY

Delightful look at the interaction among several generations of a family of professional actors.  Fast paced, realistic dialogue (seemed to be), and the film was possibly a documentary: "movie within a movie " (at one point you see cameramen filming the group. There's also a clear distinction made between actors and "civilians" - shown when two of the daughters (one in show business, the other not) come home to visit, and the conflict that occurs.  Sibling rivalry, always dramatic!Oh, the "non-actor" daughter brings her fiance home to meet the family.   I really, really enjoyed this film.  But then, you know I grew up in Hollywood!

No comments:

Post a Comment