Read My Older Blog Posts here

Visit my previous Blog "Movies and More: Positively Personal Reviews" for my earlier (pre-May 2011) reviews and ramblings.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

STAND UP GUYS

Occasionally the critics are right.  This is one of those times.  Admittedly, this is not a very good movie, however,  I enjoyed it anyway.   With Al Pacino (who looked really scraggly and scroungy -- as he emerged from over 20 years in jail) and Christopher Walken, his previous criminal buddy who met him at the gate, and Alan Arkin  (one of my favorite actors) whom they 'rescued" from a care facility, leaving his oxygen behind,.The acting was first class.   I can only blame the script/dialogue. The concept : one final caper to  eliminate the really bad guy just didn't have what it needed to support the idea.   I forget the name of the lovely young girl who played the waitress -- she was charming and wonderful.   Go in with low expectations and just appreciate the cast.   Whee were the good writers hiding when this film was written?   (Spoiler:   I liked the ending -- guns blazing.).

No comments:

Post a Comment