Read My Older Blog Posts here

Visit my previous Blog "Movies and More: Positively Personal Reviews" for my earlier (pre-May 2011) reviews and ramblings.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

LIFE OF PI

Because of the rave reviews from all the critics, I broke my longstanding rule of avoiding 3D movies.    My error!   Yes, the cinematography was brilliant -- and that's probably why I actually hated this film!   I don't do well being violently storm-tossed and  washed overboard again and again and again in the middle of a raging ocean.   I was practically seasick!   The acting was flawless. And the Tiger who shared the lifeboat with "Pi" was wonderful -- great use of, what is it called?  "CGI"  technology?) The problem with "The Life of Pi" was not the fault of the film; it was totally my own queasy stomach.   My opinion on this is probably a minority of one.   The friend with whom I saw "Pi" liked it a lot.  So feel free to ignore my negative experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment