Read My Older Blog Posts here

Visit my previous Blog "Movies and More: Positively Personal Reviews" for my earlier (pre-May 2011) reviews and ramblings.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

ZERO DARK THIRTY

There was a time when I was known to have a great tolerance for  film violence.  This one, however, was way over the top and beyond anything I expected.  Yes, I was forewarned and prepared for an opening sequence of torture, so I braced myself for that.  But then I expected it would provide a "police procedural"   plot revealing the 14 years of clever detective work by "Maya" - the government agent expertly portrayed by Jessica Chastain.  No way!  It was totally violent all the way through.  If I had been alone, I would have walked out of the theater.  Unfortunately, I had gone with two friends and so I suffered and cringed through the whole thing.  We all came out needing tranquilizers!   No review, either on line (that I could find)  or in the LA Times newspaper mentioned the constant violence throughout.   I HATED THIS MOVIE!!!   Yes, the acting was worthy, the cinematography excellent, the music good,  but yegods and little fishes!!!!  I must be getting soft in my old age.   I can take a lot of shooting (Remember,  I loved "Ganster Squad"), but "Zero Dark thirty" was horrible.  I know the Critics raved about it.  I was not  "entertained."  

No comments:

Post a Comment