Read My Older Blog Posts here

Visit my previous Blog "Movies and More: Positively Personal Reviews" for my earlier (pre-May 2011) reviews and ramblings.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

EYE OF THE STORM

Perhaps if my hearing were better (I missed most of the very soft, almost whispered dialogue), and if there were not so many flashbacks, I might have appreciated this dismal film a bit more.  But, probably not much, because the plot revolves around a wealthy elderly woman (played by Charlotte Rampling) and her son (played by Geoffrey Rush) and daughter (Judy Davis) who reluctantly come to visit when she is literally on her death bed.  She has full time nursing care, though one of the nurses SPOILER ALERT: is throwing out Mama's  medication, one pill per day, instead of giving it to her. Of course all the acting is marvelous.  The criminal nurse is well played by Alexandra Schepisi ( probably the daughter of the director, Fred Schepisi,)   

No comments:

Post a Comment