Read My Older Blog Posts here

Visit my previous Blog "Movies and More: Positively Personal Reviews" for my earlier (pre-May 2011) reviews and ramblings.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Movie Marathon

Three reviews for you!  1) "Kung Fu Panda 2"  Fabulous voices of Jack Black (of course, he's the hero, "Po," heading the lineup which includes Angelina Jolie, Dustin Hoffman (his wise mentor, who tells him to master himself, and Kung Fu, he needs "Inner Peace." Add Gary Oldman and Jackie Chan and others in a worthwhile story, well told, directed by Jennifer Yuh,all together, I say FOUR STARS!  Next - 2)Parts of the film, "Super 8" were terrific, the parts where the young kids, played by wonderful young actors Kyle Chandley, Elle Fanning, and Amanda Michalke,  are making an 8 Millimeter film.  That's half the movie.  But the rest, the sci-fi part with special effects that were wasted on me,  I did not enjoy. So TWO STARS.  Directed by Rob Marshall, I suggest you stay for the credits on this one. You may like it fine.  Finally, the best of the lot, 3) "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides."  First rate super cast, headed of course, by the incomparable Johnny Depp, at his very best!  With Geoffrey Rush, Ian McShane and Penelope Cruz, directed by Rob Marshall.  Lots of sword play, mermaids, several plots interwoven,  just plain (actually, not "plain" -- rather "fancy" FUN!)   I say FOUR STARS, and "...a bottle of rum, me matees!

No comments:

Post a Comment