Read My Older Blog Posts here

Visit my previous Blog "Movies and More: Positively Personal Reviews" for my earlier (pre-May 2011) reviews and ramblings.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

X-Men: First Class

Probably best of the "X-Men" series (though to tell you the truth, I don't clearly remember the others), this is a pre-quel, and is definitely a "First Class" film!  Expertly directed by Matthew Vaughn, starring James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Kevin Bacon and Jennifer Lawence among other excellent actors, I loved this movie -- and, surprise, I  even loved the fantastic special effects, seamlessly achieved!  Seeing the various characters mutate into their colorful (literally and figuratively) "real' selves was amazing.  Plus, the film includes real newsreel footage of the  then President of the USA regarding the  Cuban missile crisis. Altogether, a splendid movie, with intelligent dialogue, marvelous camera work, suspenseful plot.  Good stuff!  (Watch for a cameo performance by a favorite actor)  FOUR STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment