Read My Older Blog Posts here

Visit my previous Blog "Movies and More: Positively Personal Reviews" for my earlier (pre-May 2011) reviews and ramblings.

Friday, October 28, 2011

50/50

Reluctantly I went to see this story of a 27 year old young man ("Adam" played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt) diagnosed with Cancer, and his battle to overcome it. I'm not a great fan of movies that include, or focus on disease and show hospitals, but this movie came so highly recommended, that I took a chance, and I'm glad I did.  It was truly excellent.  Brilliantly Directed by Jonathan Levine, written by Will Reiser, all component parts meshed beautifully to create this marvelous film. Acting honors to the entire cast, headed by Gordon-Levitt, whose performance is superb,  (Oscar?) Seth Rogan does a terriffic job playing his best friend (perhaps the best role of his career - so far.)   Anna Kendrick  in a delightful turn as a young (only 24!) psychologist.  And though she doesn't have many scenes, the movie is enhanced by the wonderful presence of Anjelica Huston who plays "Adam's" mother. Yes, it's good for a few tears, but also a lot of smiles.  Well worth your consideration (as we say in the biz.)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment