Read My Older Blog Posts here

Visit my previous Blog "Movies and More: Positively Personal Reviews" for my earlier (pre-May 2011) reviews and ramblings.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

"MUD"

If you like fishing (I don't) you will probably like this film. 
 (I didn't. ) Yes, the acting was excellent, the photography (ahem, "cinematography") was excellent.  Story was good.  But I simply am not and was not interested in all the detail (albeit excellent) shown about fishing, gear, etc.   Of course, I was lured (pun, ha ha) to see "Mud" because of the positive reviews -- and the star, Matthew Mc Conaughey.  (He's definitely got the muscles to go without his shirt through most of the film.)  It didn't hurt to have Reese Witherspoon and Sam Shepard in the fine cast.  I especially liked the two young boys who find Mud on an island,  ala Huck Finn.  Director: Jeff Nichols.  It's somewhat of a "lost love" story.   So, I was disappointed, but then, that's just me.   Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment