Read My Older Blog Posts here

Visit my previous Blog "Movies and More: Positively Personal Reviews" for my earlier (pre-May 2011) reviews and ramblings.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

MY WEEK WITH MARILYN

As seen through the eyes of Colin Clark, the 23 year old writer portrayed by Eddie Redmayne, "Marilyn" (Monroe, of course, who else is known by this first name only except this world famous star?)  perfectly portrayed by Michelle Williams.  With a fantastic cast, including Kenneth Branagh who was magnificent (I have to add brilliant!) as Sir Laurence Olivier, and the inimitable Judi Dench every inch Dame Sybil Throrndike, and one of my favorite actors, Derek Jacobi and other excellent performers you will recognize, I was delightfully surprised at how much I enjoyed this film. Lots!  Michelle Williams was spot-on as Marilyn Monroe-- not a cariature, but a living breathing, actually likable ( and certainly lovable by men!) human being.   Directed by Simon Curtis.  Congratulations to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment