Read My Older Blog Posts here

Visit my previous Blog "Movies and More: Positively Personal Reviews" for my earlier (pre-May 2011) reviews and ramblings.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

TINKER, TAILOR, SOLDIER,SPY

Of course you know it's based on the John le Carre novel of the same name.  The part of the British spy-master of MI6 (known as the "Circus"), our hero, "George Smiley," is inhabited (as we professionals, say), by Gary Oldman. I didn't recognize the names of any of the other excellent actors (and they're all excellent). Of course I did recognize Colin Firth  (Who can forget him after "The King's Speech." ??)   I was unable to hear a lot of the dialogue (yes, I know, I definitely need a hearing aid) but nevertheless I was fascinated with the film, so it must have been marvelous!  Obviously a lot of credit for the success of the film must go to the Director, Tomas Alfredson. The story is about trying to unmask the "mole" in the upper echelons of MI6. A double agent?   (Saw this one Wednesday the 14th December)

No comments:

Post a Comment