Read My Older Blog Posts here

Visit my previous Blog "Movies and More: Positively Personal Reviews" for my earlier (pre-May 2011) reviews and ramblings.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

SHERLOCK HOLMES: A GAME OF SHADOWS

The irresistable and marvelous (as always), Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law reprise their roles as "Sherlock" and his friend and partner in crime-solving, "Dr. Watson," in this somewhat complicated plot, sprinkled with lots of fisticuffs, which I'm not fond of - (or,  "of which I'm not fond" -- for those who expect  acceptable grammar herein ).  Directed once again by Guy Ritchie, the "...Game of Shadows" is bound to delight Holmes fans.  (When I saw it, the audience applauded at the end.  Oh, and do stay and watch the final credits roll, nicely done!)  Stephen Fry as Sherlock's brother, "Mycroft Holmes" has a few scenes, one of which is totally, hysterically, straightfaced memorable! Rachel McAdams is "Irene Adler."  Jared Harris is the evil "Professor James Moriarity" (hiss-boo).   'Nuff said.  Go see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment