Read My Older Blog Posts here

Visit my previous Blog "Movies and More: Positively Personal Reviews" for my earlier (pre-May 2011) reviews and ramblings.

Monday, July 2, 2012

BERNIE (again!)

Second time around, "Bernie" proved to be just as funny, in fact, I may have appreciated its cleverness -- and Jack Black's fabulous performance (as a dedicated Funeral Director) even more this time I saw it.  I hope he, or the film itself gets some kind of award!  Directed by Robert Linklater co-starring Shirley MacLaine and Matthew McConaughey (playing the Assistant DA) with the hilarious Black -- whose very walk seen from the rear is enough to make you giggle, the plot is amazingly based on real people and real events in the  small town of Carthage Texas.    It is quirky, black humor at its best.  My kind of entertainment!

No comments:

Post a Comment