Read My Older Blog Posts here

Visit my previous Blog "Movies and More: Positively Personal Reviews" for my earlier (pre-May 2011) reviews and ramblings.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

TAKE THIS WALTZ

Directed by Sarah Polley and starring Michelle Williams (whose acting is brilliant); Seth Rogan (surprisingly excellent portraying her loving husband!); ;Sarah Silverman and Aaron Abrams (both equally fine performances, I can't fault it for the fact that I'm too old to appreciate full frontal nudity, logical in the shower, though seemingly making the story more "natural,"  as just a part of life, spoiled it for me.  And, also, there's having to figure out which of the scenes really happened, or which represent Williams fantasies about the guy (handsome Abrams) who is not her husband, whom she accidentally meets on a vacation only to discover upon arriving home, that he lives just a couple of doors away from her.   (BTW, this film was rated PG.  No comment.)

No comments:

Post a Comment