Read My Older Blog Posts here

Visit my previous Blog "Movies and More: Positively Personal Reviews" for my earlier (pre-May 2011) reviews and ramblings.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Larry Crowne

The main flaws in this film are the fact that Julia Roberts (playing an unhappy boozy college teacher) dialogue with her writer husband are so annoyingly boring and repetitious. And to think that Tom Hanks (always delightful to watch) co-wrote the script with Mia Vardolos (sorry about my spelling), and Directed!  Overall, however, I enjoyed the movie - especially once Roberts gets sobered/cleaned up, and Hanks joins a motorcycle gang he meets when he goes back to school (after being downsized from his managerial position at a large box factory, because he didn't go to college.  (And therefore cannot be promoted up the Corporate ladder.) The leader of the motorcycle gang is a really, really handsome dude ( who could/should be given a starring role in something soon!) and there's an appealing pretty girl in the group also.   Anyway, I know the critics panned this, but I had a good time, and that's all that matters to me!  So,  THREE STARS!

No comments:

Post a Comment